Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Colorado

Just before Christmas the husband and I headed off to Colorado for a week long winter vacation. Unlike Hawaii, this wasn't a planned out in months type of deal. Rather, in early November, I told him I was itching to travel again, and soon, and I really wanted to go back to Hawaii. Of course, we are not ballers, so two trips to the islands in one year is not really in our budget. But, that travel bug was still there, so I convinced the husband we should visit Colorado. Neither of us had ever been there, he likes the idea of a white Christmas, there's lots of good beer there, and it is a huge dinosaur area (the husband looooves all things dinosaur. shhh, don't tell him I told you though, he wants to keep it a secret.)

A week before Christmas we packed our bags, I rented the 24-70mm L again, and we boarded a plane to Denver. Holy geez, it was cold there! But beautiful! We loved every moment of our trip and had an amazing time exploring some place brand new to the both of us. A month later we're still talking about the fun time we had and how we can't wait to go back again soon.

I've been more and more into landscape photography lately and I tried to capture the natural beauty of Colorado. Shooting in the snow was difficult-I hard a hard time getting the right exposure without blowing out the details of the snow. I definitely plan to print some of these and hang them in our house.

snowy flower edit

colorado plant edit

red rocks tunnel

snowy capitol tree

snowy pine branch edit

12 22 11_0314
omar triceratops color edit

12 22 11_0338

12 22 11_0337

12 21 11_0529 2

12 21 11_0474

12 21 11_0470

12 20 11_0599

12 17 11_0139

12 17 11_0141

No comments:

Post a Comment