Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shreddin It

Remember, my goal to become healthier this year and commit to doing the 30 Day Shred? We'll here we are three days later and I've completed three days of the shred! I know, I know, 3 days isn't much, but when I think about how lazy I am and how hard the workout was the first day, I am really proud of myself for sticking with it. Days one and two were when I was still on winter break, so I did the workout at home, after breakfast, with the husband. Today was day three, and my first day back to work, so I had to change it up and workout after school in my classroom. But, the fun part was that one of my friend's at work joined me, and two others said they want to start shredding with us too! Yay for fun times exercising! lol

A friend recommended writing down my feelings/thoughts about each day's workout, so when I'm feeling like giving up or wondering if I've even made any progress I can look back and see how far I've come. What a great idea! So here I go...

Day One
Oh.My.God. Seriously, I thought the workout would never end and I basically wanted to die the entire time. The three pound weights felt like 30 pounds, my legs felt like lead and I swear they were only coming milimeters off the floor every time we did jumping jacks, butt kicked, or fake jump roped. I was whining and on the verge of tears during the last circuit, wanting to give up with every fiber of my being. The icing on the cake? I threw up after we cooled down. ::gross::

Day Two
Ugh, my legs were so stiff and sore. Today's workout was still killer, but surprisingly, also felt a tab bit easier. In the words of the husband, "it was 10% easier today." I tried to push myself harder than yesterday, which while I'm sure is good in the long run, I wound up walking like Frankenstein the rest of the day. I even had to use the handicap stall in the pool restroom while coaching, so I could use the hand bar on the wall. ::embarrassing::

Day Three
That's today! I was SO stiff and sore when I woke up this morning, I could barely get out of bed. If I thought I was Frankenstein yesterday, I was even worse today. Standing at the top of the stairs this morning, wondering how I was going to actually walk down them, I contemplated just throwing myself down them and rolling to the bottom. It would probably hurt less than the pain of walking down after two days of lunges and squats. But, alas, I manned up and hobbled down, only to realize I left my wallet upstairs and needed to go back and get it. ugh.
I was bummed not to workout in the morning today, but having a friend to work out with and keep me accountable after school was awesome and I actually found myself looking forward to our 3:30pm exercise session! I was horribly embarrassed to workout with someone besides the husband (or random strangers at the gym...), but that embarrassment pushed me to work harder and I felt stronger today than day one or two. I didn't want to cry at all! :) Squatting down to talk to my swimmers in the pool afterwards was still a bitch tonight, but it's getting better. I almost feel into the water last night trying to get down to talk to them; tonight was just painful, but on balance.
I also took my measurements today, though let's just say, no one needs to know those numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment