Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome, 2012

Happy New Year everyone!!! So it's a new year, which means new year's resolutions, right? Well here are 11 of my resolutions/goals for this year, in no particular order:

1. Participate in Project 365 and take a photo every day this year. My goal is to take at least 75% of those pictures with my DSLR. I love playing with the Instagram app on my iPhone, so the other 25% will come from there.

2. Participate in Photo 52- ABCs. One photo a week, going through the alphabet twice this year. I've already posted my A picture on the Facebook page, but here it is for you to see too. :)

A is for ale final

3. Finish my thesis by March and graduate with my Master's degree at the end of Spring Quarter. This will be a big accomplishment and one I MUST do this year. No more slacking, time to get it done.

4. Commit to being healthier. This starts Monday, with the 30 Day Shred. My goal is to do the shred 6 days a week (resting on Sundays) in the hours I have between teaching and coaching. And yay for me, another teacher-friend at my school wants to do it with me!

5. Buy the 24-70L. Enough said.

6. Consistently nail exposure in landscape photos.

7. Pick a new color for the main living room wall and paint it already. I'm thinking a gray would look nice.

8. Repaint and decorate our bedroom and guest room. I want to use the same color in the master bedroom ("sharkloop" a blue-grey) and just repaint the walls that need it, then hang shelves, pictures, decor, etc. The bright blue wall in the guest room will stay, but the three white walls will probably be painted a misty gray. Again, hang some shelves, pictures, decorations, etc.

9. Learn how to home brew my own beer. This will be my "reward" for graduating with my Master's degree.

10. Another healthy goal: re-commit to eating less carbs (notice I said less and not none) and taking my metformin 3 times a day, every day. (I *really* wanted this goal to say "Make homemade bagels". *sigh*)

11. Finally learn how to edit in PSE9.

No comments:

Post a Comment